Sunday, October 5, 2008

Are you kidding me?

"You have a LOT of white socks," Megan said walking into my room late last night. She chastised me about doing laundry on a Saturday night (I didn't tell her that I labeled the bones on all of the skeletons in the building on Friday night...) and teased me about my plethora of white socks. She and her friend were on rounds and they were excited to actually see hints of life on my hall (my door being open was it...). That was our conversation: white socks and dead hall. They then left me to ponder my socks and PAH!

I remember when I was really little, I was sorting socks for my mom and commented that my dad had a lot of black socks. She told me he he pretty much only wears black sock. I remembering thinking that was nuts and could not understand how anyone could only wear one color of socks.

Well, friends, the tables turned a few years after that and since I was like eight, I've only worn white socks. I will admit, I spend more time musing about socks than any sane person should (I have home socks and college socks and they're all white, it's that bad), but it wasn't until last night when I was talking to Megan that I realized something important regarding white socks.

As the hymn says, "Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow." Jesus washed away our sins just like He washed the feet of the disciples in John 13. I was a member of the black foot tribe, but He washed my feet clean and now they're white.

And that is why I wear white socks. In case you were ever wondering.

In Christ
<>< Katie

"Jesus answered, 'A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you.'" John 13:10

No comments: