Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My printer is satan... well... sorta

My desk is currently a mess. I'm pretty sure there's wood holding it up, but at the moment you couldn't tell that by looking at it. In fact, the heap next to my desk currently consists of two newspapers, my Bible, three pads of paper, three books, two or eight old tests, my cell phone, a game card I'm "borrowing" from the coffee shop (they spelled "Indiana" like "Indianna", call me a nerd, but I was forced against my will to copy it for my "grammar oops" book!), and a plethora of other random papers. This thing is massive!

Last night, I plugged in my printer, told it to print my outline for small group, and walked across the room. Since my printer is up on a "shelf", it usually throws it's completed jobs onto the heap on my desk. Well, yesterday the heap was too huge. I heard the paper fall and knew it was done but the fall sounded huge. I turned around and what did I find: the printer threw my paper all the way across the room. Not just onto my desk. Not onto my chair. Not even onto the floor. No, all the way across the room (just goes to show the size of my room...)

As I bent over to pick it up, I realized the printer had achieved Satan's primary goal. Satan isn't happy to just to pull us away from God a little bit and throw us on the desk. No, he wants to throw us all the way across the room away from God so we couldn't reach Jesus if we tried.

Are you going to let Satan pull you away or are you going to stand firm?

In Christ,
<>< Katie

"Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we have become conscious of sin." -Romans 3:20

No comments: