Monday, December 26, 2011

Journey Around the World

All too often people go on mission trips expecting to be taking Jesus to another country, another part of the world.

While there are areas of the world who have never been told the name of Jesus, short-term missionaries often arrive and realized He is already there.

The Lord is working worldwide, and we are oblivious.

I want to offer all of what I have and to tell His story.

In 2012 we're going to take a blog-series journey around the world. We're going to see God working worldwide through the eyes of our brothers and sisters abroad.

Every Monday for the next fifty-two weeks we're going to be headed to places like the Philippines, Zimbabwe, Guatemala, the Congo, India, Haiti, etc.

These worldwide journeys are coming in the form of guest posts, interviews, and photo diaries from people in a variety of stages of life. And I'm "sups excite" (that's "super excited") about it!

Are you willing to get on the plane with me?

Bon voyage y Dios le bendiga,
<>< Katie

PS: I can't do this without your help. I don't have fifty-two weeks worth of international contacts, so if you have ideas, I'd love to chat. Shoot me an email at KatieAxelson[at]gmail[dot]com. Thanks!

PPS: This blog series needs a title. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea! I'm excited for Mondays now.
I can help you out with a few contacts:
-My friend/former roommate Sarah went on a mission trip to India 1 1/2 years ago; I'm sure she has a plethora of photos and stories to share!
-My friend from CUW is a missionary in Peru, and my other friend is a missionary in China.
Let me know if you want me to contact them, or I can give you their information and you can stalk them on Facebook. ;)
This is Melissa, by the way.

laurmaggiori said...

This sounds really great!! I just recently became globally minded and I am excited to learn from what you have to say! If you need any help/crazy awesome stories from from Haiti, we can chat sometime :)

Lizzie said...

Maybe you could ask kristen from wearethatfamily.com about Kenya. She went there to check out the Mercy House. Sarah Elizabeth went to Haiti- welcometolove.net And, you could check out the Compassion bloggers as well. They went to Ecuador, Guatemala, Philippines, Kenya, El Salvador, India, Dominican Republic, and Uganda. Also, JD and Debra went to Ghana- compassioncan.blogspot.com ghanajourney.blogspot.com
These people will love me for offering them to you! LOL :)
Lizzie

Katie Axelson said...

Melissa, wonderful!

Lauren, let's have coffee! :-)

Lizzie, I'm telling them you sent me. :-)

Thanks, gals!

<>< Katie

Anonymous said...

Great idea, can't wait!

My friend Chris is in Vietnam. My friend Carlie is in Korea. My church does missions trips to Jamaica.

Let me know if any of that could help!