Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Department of Motor Vehicles

Anonymous Melissa made a comment about being able to find a spiritual connection to everything. I'm pretty sure that's not true, but I'll figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I asked God if He could show me a spirital connection to a trip to the DMV. Sure enough, He did.

I had to go to the DMV today to renew my driver's license, and I wasn't really excited about it. In fact, I was pretty much dreading it. So, there I went first thing this morning, and perched myself in a chair where I figured I would sit for the next four hours. I tried studying for my final, I played Yatzee, and I people-watched. I saw some pretty fun folk.

A woman in scrubs with a young deaf girl probably four-ish.

A girl not much older than I am with two young boys. I'm pretty sure she's the nanny but it was still interesting.

A woman with an ity bity baby sleeping on her lap. Her older daughter was taking a road test.

A sixteen year old who failed his roadtest.

It was pretty fun to watch the people, but all of the sudden I looked up and my number is on the screen. It's been so intent on watching the people that I missed my number being called. Luckily I made it up to the lady before missing my opportunity completely, but I was embarressed.

Sometimes are we so busy watching other people that we miss God calling our names? That's bad. Sometimes we're killing time doing nothing, He's calling us, and we're ignoring Him. That's bad.

<><>
"No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and made us waste away because of our sins." Isaiah 64:7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's me! I keep forgetting my username and password, so it's easier to be anonymous.