Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Eight Years Ago Today.

I am a firm believer that we have two seasons: winter and construction. Since it's July, we pray it's not winter. On the other hand, that makes it construction season. Normally construction is just an inconvenience. At 6:30 this morning when I was rudely awoken by the banging to who knows what, it was not simply an inconvenience. This banging has continued all day. Oh, the joys of being able to fly around the "Road Closed: Local Traffic Only" sign...

Driving home today looking at the eerie storms looming over head brought to mind some not-so-pleasant memories. It was eight years ago tonight that our basement flooded with sewage and we lost two full-sized dumpsters worth of stuff. My mom always says, "That's one way to clean the basement." Yeah, not my favorite way.

In Christ,
<>< Katie

"I establish my covenant with you: Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth." Genesis 9:11

No comments: