Thursday, October 30, 2008

A List of my Lists

I'm sitting in the caf with Amber minding our own business talking. All of the sudden someone walks by and flicks me in the head. Twice. I turn around quick and I see a tall guy with brown hair walking away from me. The guys who would possibly flick me in the head are few and far between and none of them look like that.

"Who was that?" I asked Amber.
"I don't know. All I know is that he just walked by, his hand disappeared into your hair, and he walked away," she responded laughing. (She actually though his finger went into my ear... which would have been really gross...)
I eventually recognized him as our campus minister who's leading my mission trip this spring break.

I contemplated to myself how to retaliate for such an absurd act. Later this afternoon I got an email from him about the trip. He has saved us a significant amount of money, and we're all super stoked about it. Couldn't he have told me that at lunch instead of poking me in the head?

In about two hours, he went from being on my "hit list" to my "favorite people for the day" list. Does God do that? Does He fluctuate between your, "I don't have enough time right now" list and your "I LOVE YOU!" list? Shouldn't He always been on the top of your list?

<>< Katie

"There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:4-6

No comments: