Friday, April 24, 2009

"I Support InFocus"

On Tuesday, the band was warming up for worship, when a professor came upstairs. Down stairs he had a classroom full of CEOs and other important graduate students who were going nuts with the noise from our practice. He said he was going to try and get them out quickly, but asked that we also keep the noise level down for awhile. He insisted we were just as important as they are, and--after a quick glance to the powerpoint screen--that he "supports InFocus." When he said this, I thought he was joking, so I started to laugh. I'm really glad he wasn't talking to me because it took me a minute to stifle my laughter. InFocus is the name of the company that made our projectors. The projector was starting up when he looked at it to get the name of our organization. He really thought we were an organization called InFocus and insisted he supported us. Really, that's not us at all and he has no idea who we are, but he supports us.

A word to the wise, know what you're supporting. Don't just say things that make people smile. What if the people you're trying to make smile really are participating in something the Bible clearly warns against? Don't agree blindly.

<>< Katie

No comments: