Thursday, April 21, 2011

Obedience

I'll be honest: I've spent quite a bit of time in our campus' prayer room lately.  On a regular basis that time has involved harsh words, pleading, and tears.

Even though I'm going for the world record number of bloody noses in a single week, there has been no bleeding in the prayer room. There has been no serious sweating in the prayer room.  There has definitely been no sweating blood.

My prayer time always includes, "Not my will but Yours be done."  Words I do not even feel qualified to say given the severity of God's will surrounding the original usage of those words.  God's will meant pain, suffering, abandonment, death.

"Thy will be done."

Obedience is a hard thing to learn.

Ask Abraham, obediently ready to sacrifice is only son, the son given against all odds.

Ask Moses, asked to return to the land where he was considered a murderer and demand the freedom of his people.

Ask Jesus, asked to live perfectly and die a brutal, undeserving death.
"My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”

Are you willing to pray, "Not my will but Yours be done"?
Will you be found obedient? 
Even to death?

Suiting up for a wild ride,
<>< Katie

No comments: