Tuesday, April 22, 2008

God's perfect timing!

Approximately 11 days ago I began reading through the Gospel of Matthew one chapter at a time. I've been reading one chapter every night before I went to bed. In less than 11 days Satan has been getting at me, "You don't need to read this, you need to go to bed. This is a long chapter and you've heard it before, after all, just read it tomorrow. You have a lot of work to get done, just go to bed, deal with it later..." So halfway through the chapter my brain starts to wander and I think about all the work I have to do... the eight page paper on Isaiah 6, the fifteen page paper on slavery in North Carolina, the alcohol paper, etc... It just continues and continues and I'm really stressed because of it!

Well, the chapter I was reading yesterday was Matthew 11. In the middle of all my stress, I stumble across this verse, "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn fro me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I'm burdened. I'm weary. I'm coming.

<>< Katie

"Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments: