Monday, April 14, 2008

"If you fall, it's not my fault, but I'll catch you." - Rastor Puss

Since today's Rastor Puss' birthday and it's been awhile since I updated, I felt it was only appropriate to share a God-moment involving him.

Last summer, I took a field trip with my youth ministry to a rock climbing park in our area. It was quite the adventure! We had been having a blast watching each other climb the rocks. One girl made it all the way to the top for the first time! Another got further than she ever had! It was a blast! I really think Rastor Puss has one of the best jobs because that week he got to hang out with youth until well past 9pm on Sunday then go rock climbing on Monday, heck why does he have an office? (Something about preaching five sermons that weekend, oh yeah...) Anyway, Rastor Puss, the expert rock climber in our group, had been flying around like Spiderman (hence his new name) and we were all quite impressed. I wanted to try a harder climb than I had done that day and it was not set up with an auto belay like everything else I had worked with that day. Rastor Puss tied me into the harness and I was teasing him that if I came crashing to the ground and fell it was his fault because he had tied me in. His interpreted what I said to mean if I slipped on the rocks and began to fall.

"If you fall, it's not my fault, but I'll catch you," he responded.

I wasn't really scared but his words really encouraged me to keep climbing knowledgeable to the fact that even if I slipped, I would not be crashing to the ground.

How often do we fear falling and God has to remind us to trust Him? With Him on the other end of the belay, we won't come crashing to the ground. Ever. If we fall, it's not His fault, but He'll catch us.

<>< Katie

"Trust in the Lord forever for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal."
Isaiah 26:4

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Katie, since no ones commented yet on ur blog, I decided to be the FIRST!!! yay! I love the God is going to catch you when you fall, it was a great lesson!! ~Drums