Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tonight I Dance Alone

So I promised myself I wouldn't talk about boys, think about boys, dream about boys, etc. I'm not in college to get my MRS. Although... My parents met in college. So many of my friends that are upperclassmen are getting married. As hard as I try, I am still a girl and I will probably dream about boys until the day I say, "I do" and after that I won't dream about "boys" I'll dream about my boy. :-D

I've come to terms the fact that I'm in college and have never been kissed. Never had a boyfriend. Never even been on a date. (OK, prom, but that's a date for a dance not like a date, date... yes, there's a difference, yes, it's hard to explain.)

But it's formal time and it's the first time since Homecoming of my senior year that I'm going alone. It's the first time since long before Homecoming that I'm in a group without any guys. It's weird. I'm not going to lie and say I was overzealous with the fact that I had a date, but now not having one I realize how fun it was to have one. Maybe it's just that I spent a few hours getting my hair done, doing my makeup, getting all pretty and there's no one that it's for. Maybe it's that I feel all that time was wasted because I am self-confident in my appearance without a gallon of hairspray and oodles of make-up. Maybe it's that I saw women all across campus heading out with their boyfriends for this special night. I don't know what it is. I can't say I'm lonely because I had a fun night making dinner with the girls. I think more incomplete.

However, I am willing to deal with my incompleteness until the Lord is ready. There are still some things He and I need to straighten out before I can add a man into the picture. I'm not ready, but, boy, do I want to be ready. :-) Someday my prince will come! Someday my prince and I will dance as one (and we won't grind!). Until then, I will feels like a princeless princess and be ok with it.

<>< Katie

"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him." Psalm 37:7

No comments: