Monday, December 1, 2008

December First

There are few specific dates I remember of certain events (besides boring birthdays).
July 2, 2000, was when our basement flooded.
March 6, 2007, was when my cat died.
You know, the random things.

December 1 has two memories attached to it. I think it'll be a day I tell my grandkids about. I seem to tell someone every year. My mom has taken to rolling her eyes and groaning, "I know, on December 1st..." Sometimes I wonder if I'll have a child born on December 1st or something.

On December 1, 1998, we were allowed to take our jackets off at recess. That means it was approximately 60 degrees

On December 1, 2006, we had a snow day. Enough snow fell that they couldn't plow the roads fast enough to make them safe for school buses.

What a contrast.

Have happy day! I wonder what God has in store!

<>< Katie

2 comments:

JPR said...

Further proof that so-called "global warming" is a load of dung :-P

Katie Axelson said...

No kidding... I could take for some global warming if it means we didn't have schools cancelled because it was -35...