Sunday, January 11, 2009

God's Sense of Humor

My friend Amber took the Praxis yesterday morning. Since this story involves two Amber's, we'll call the Amber taking the Praxis "Roommate" even though she's not my roommate anymore. We'll call the other Amber "Amber". (Their last names start with the same letter, too, so sorry for the confusion!)

On Friday, we were driving around and Roommate said she needed to get to bed early because she was taking the Praxis the next day and she was really worried about it. Amber asked the time of the Praxis and said she'd pray for Roommate. She even said she'd get up at 7:30 in the morning (Praxis time) and pray for an hour.
"I'll pray for you tonight," I said implying that I would be praying for Roommate but refused to get my lazy rear-end out of bed at 7:30 to pray for her... We laughed about that and went on with the evening.

Well, Saturday morning I woke up at 7:30, Praxis time.
"Wow, you're funny," I said sarcastically to God (I say that to Him all the time... it's kind of become our inside joke, I guess :-)), said a little prayer for Roommate and rolled over and went back to sleep. An hour later, I woke up again. It was Praxis ending time, I said another little prayer for Roommate, rolled over and went back to sleep. A little over an hour later, I woke up again. "God, it's not Praxis time anymore, would You just let me sleep?" I groaned, said another little prayer and went back to sleep. An hour later I woke up AGAIN. "This isn't funny anymore!" Said another little prayer and went back to sleep.

In talking to Roommate today, the times I woke up where when she was doing something important. Arriving at the testing location, taking the test, leaving, arriving home again, etc. We both got a good laugh out of God's sense of humor. He's clearly paying attention if He's waking me up at exact times following my half-joking comment the night before.

In Christ,
<>< Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHH! The Dreaded Praxis test! Ours was 4 hours long, though. How did Amber escape with only an hour long test?
Hope all went well!