Monday, March 30, 2009

Crap from the Pulpit

My friend Brian preached a few weeks ago, and I was able to look up his sermon online today. (Message me if you want the URL... it was a good sermon). I could probably write an entire blog on six or eight of his points, but then I really wouldn't get any homework done. Let me mull through a few more points before I share them, but this one is among my favorite.

His main point for the message was talking about preparing the soil, pruning, and producing (harvesting) our lives. With that said, he went on talk about how life is messy. It's full of crap. Yes, he said "crap" from the pulpit. He went on to talk about how the best fertilizer is made of crap. Fertilizer is vital to preparing the soil. Fertilizer, like life, is made of crap. In order to prepare our lives for pruning and changing, we have to experience crap. Life is messy. It happens.

Imagine what God is doing through the crap in your life and how fertile He is making the soil. Just remember, the pruning stage comes next, and it isn't easy either.

In Christ,
<>< Katie

"It has given me great joy to find some of your children are walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing to you a new command but one we have had from the beginning: I ask that we love one another." 2 John 4-5

No comments: