Friday, October 14, 2011

One

My sisters and I sat in the front pew. In between us were our parents and a few adult friends from church. I looked down the pew to notice all three of us held up one finger.

No, not that finger.

It was our pointer fingers. I promise. It almost looked like we were singing "This Little Light of Mine."

Except we weren't. We were singing, "Back In His Arms Again."

One life.
One love.
One way home.

Mark Schultz was fifteen feet in front of us. He looked towards us, saw our "Ones" and shook his head. He made us stand up as he announced to the audience that we had been to fifteen of his concerts. Fifteen. No embellishing.

We know every word, every motion, every story. Yet still we sit in the front row every time we can.

One life.
One love.
One way home.

Once we began to sing that refrain too early in the song. He just chuckled.

Tonight I as drove home from a wonderful dinner, "Back in His Arms Again" came on the local Christian radio station. I subconsciously put up ONE to declare that He is the one, the only.

The One I want to run to.
The One who unites us around the world as brothers and sisters.
The One who knows which of my cold phone calls will lead to a job interview.
The One who is walking with me, walking with you through every step.
The One whose arms I want to fall into.

"Back in His Arms Again" by Mark Schultz
I see it in your eyes
the pain you keep inside
is slowly tearing you apart.
Through you've run away
reminded day by day
you've stumbled and you've fallen.
Still He's calling

I believe that He loves you where you are.
I believe that you've seen the hands of God.
I believe that you'll know it when
you're back in His arms again.
I believe that He never let you go.
I believe that He's wanting you to know 
I believe that He'll lead you 'til
you're back in his arms again.

I'm glad I found you here
'Cause in between the tears
something in your eyes shows hope.
When I stand before you now
as one that knows the power
of coming to Him open and broken

I believe that the loves you where you are
I believe that you've seen the hands of God
I believe that you'll know it when
you're back in His arms again.
I believe that He never let you go
I believe that He's wanted you to know
I believe that He'll lead you 'til
you're back in His arms again

And I know that He's calling,
He's calling you home.

One life.
One love.
One way home.

and when you rise
and when you fall
He will see you through it
He is waiting in the dark
back in His arms again

One life.
One love.
One way home.

I believe it. And I trust it.
<>< Katie

No comments: