Saturday, May 3, 2008

Let God Shine

After a great coffee talk with Laura, Chelsy, Heather, Christa, Annie, Morgan, Liz, Natalie, and Russell I made a pit-stop on the way into the caf. I then felt like Natalie because God spoke to me while I was in the bathroom. :-)

I was in the ladies' bathroom in the top of the caf building (side note: that bathroom is so awkward!) and I was looking at the granite counter top. I'm pretty sure they installed them backwards.

Most granite has certain fish-scale like sparkles that can be seen only on one side. Most people are oblivious to this fact. In fact, the installer and owner of the company that installed our granite had never heard of this before. Looking at the granite from one direction it looks normal. Beautiful, but nothing extraordinary. Going to the other side of our island, the granite pops! The flakes catch the light just right and it shines! (Sometime when you're at my house, ask me to show it to you because it's kind of hard to explain). When we installed our counters, we asked that the sparkle side be facing toward the dinette--or out so all of our guests could see it--instead of towards the kitchen--or in to where we could see it.

I was looking at the counter tops in the bathroom and God said,
"Katie, sometimes you're kind of like the backwards granite counter top. I'm always there just like the sparkles but I'm facing in. You've got your counter top turned around so you're keeping the sparkles to yourself. You don't let the world see see Me shine; you keep Me to yourself."

It made me think of Christina's favorite song growing up: "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it... Hide it under a bushel? NO... I'm gonna let it shine... Don't let Satan blow it out... I'm gonna let is shine."

Are you letting your Sparkles shine or are you keeping them all to yourself?

In Christ,
<>< Katie

"For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

No comments: