Friday, January 29, 2010

Falling Snow

Earlier this week, we sang a song by Chris Tomlin entitled, "You came like a winter snow."

It talks about how Jesus could have come to this earth like a hurricane, like a flood, like a burning bush... But He didn't. Instead He came to earth like a peaceful, calm winter snow.

When I first heard this song, I didn't completely agree with it. I don't think winter snow is calm and peaceful. Honestly, you say "falling snow" I think blizzard. I think wind howling through the fireplace. I think thunder snow and icy madness.

Today when I walked out of the prayer room officially bringing my Celebration Week to an end there was snow falling gently to the ground. Calm and peaceful.

Perhaps I was wrong. Winter snow can be peaceful and calm it's just not normally the case. God can be presented as a baby but that isn't normally the case. Yet it happened. He came to earth like today's falling snow.

<>< Katie

1 comment:

StorytellERdoc said...

Katie, I like your post a lot. Falling snow always had a huge calming effect on me, and there is no better day when the whole family is home, we are warm and well-fed, and we look at the window to see a windy white sea of falling flakes. LIfe is good...
Jim