Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good Vibrations

Sitting in worship tonight I heard a phone vibrate. A quick arm on my bag told me it was my phone disturbing everyone. I pulled it out, glanced at the caller-id, and smiled to myself.

"DAD"

IGNORE

Let's be honest, we all wish we could ignore our parents from time to time. I had the chance to do so tonight! What a rare, unique, wonderful opportunity.

All too often, God calls and we hit IGNORE.

Katie, God has never called me on my cell phone.

He hasn't called me on my phone either, but sometimes He uses people to call on the phone. Sometimes He grabs your attention through (insert anything here; the more random the better). We're too fast to hit IGNORE instead of answering His call. It's not rare, unique, or wonderful. In fact, it's frequent, awful, and needs to stop.

Take a break from what you're doing and answer the call.

<>< Katie

PS: Five points to anyone who knows the artist who wrote the song namesake of this post. Ten points if you can tell me what song my phone would have played had it not been on silent when Dad called... Same artist, different song. Points are equally important to those in "Whose Line is it Anyway."

PPS: I'm pretty sure updated my blog three times today makes me the blog-war winner, right?

No comments: